- Ready In:
- Have a bowl of cold water ready to which a little lemon juice or vinegar has been added.
- Cut off the tops of the salsify root, peel with a vegetable scraper, and drop immediately into the cold acidulated water to prevent discoloration.
- Cut into 1/2-inch wide strips about 2 inches long.
- Drop them into large pot filled with boiling water and cook, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes; avoid overcooking as the flesh should not become mushy.
- Drain well; add butter, salt, pepper, and a sprinkling of parsley or chives and toss well before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!