Butter Pecan Toffee Brownies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cooking Light June 2000
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips (melted )
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- To prepare brownies, coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray (do not coat sides of pan)
- Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients (brown sugar through egg) in a large bowl; stir well with whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour pecans, baking powder, and salt; add to brown sugar mixture.
- Spread batter in bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the topping, combine powdered sugar, minichips, and hot water n a small bowl, stir until smooth. Spread topping over brownies, and sprinkle with brickle chips.
- Chill 30 minutes or until topping is set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION