Butter Pecan Pie Crust
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious and easy nutty crust.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, sugar and salt. with a pastry blender or 2 knives cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. stir in pecans.
- sprinkle water over the top and toss with a fork until iniformly moistened. press dough firmly into a ball. wrap in plastic wrap and shill in freezer for 20 minutes.
- on a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness and fit loosely ito a 9-inch pie plate; flute edge. place in freezer 15 minutes.
- meanwhile, preheat oven to 425'f. remove pe plate from freezer and prick bottom of shell. bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. cover edges with foil and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until center is lightly browned. cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION