- Ready In:
4 doz cookies (approx)
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (can use a little more)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream butter with sugars, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Add in chopped pecans.
- Drop dough by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned (don't overbake).
Join The Conversation