Butter-Maple Roasted Carrots With Garden Thyme
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- Heat butter, water, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, brown sugar and maple syrup together in a small pan.
- Place carrots and thyme in a greased baking dish.
- Evenly coat carrots with the maple mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minute.
- Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes, until slightly browned and carmelized.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were a definite favorite at Thanksgiving dinner. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I used whole organic carrots, sliced on the diagonal.I was surprised they took the full cooking time. They were cooked in the oven and could have could have placed them in the warming tray. I wonder if they can be cooked completely on the stove, which would have freed up oven space.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>i live in rochester, ny. I am the office manager for a pediatric dentist here in rochester, a job i've been doing for 15 years. I love to read, and cook and read cookbooks. I also love sports, baseball and football especially. Go Giants!!!!</p>