Butter Crust Corn Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups soda crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups frozen white shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- salsa, to garnish
- Combine crackers, cheese and butter; press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Set aside.
- Combine one cup milk, corn, onion salt, white pepper and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Combine remaining milk and flour, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to corn mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in eggs, olives and onion.
- Mix well; spoon into pie plate.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until filling sets.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We love this! Usually a side dish at my house, but could easily be a vegetarian entree or brunch dish. Attractive and colorful with a crisp buttery crust. Nice with a green salad. Use fresh tomato salsa when possible, but Pace will do in a pinch. I found the recipe in Southern Living and had posted but saw MarieAlice's first. Only change was a sprinkling of paprika before baking. I use frozen yellow corn. Thanks, MarieAlice, for posting another super recipe!