Butter-Bean Puree Appetizer
photo by CHEFDLH
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 40 slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a work bowl of a food processor combine 1 can butter beans undrained , 1 can butter beans drained and garlic and pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine artichoke hears,lemon juice and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Add bean mixture to bowl, stirring well.
- Spoon onto toasted bread slices.
- Top with lemon zest and additional parsley.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy mom both with stuff at home and my work. My kids and husband love to try new creations so they are right at home with my love of recipes. It is fun to make something and try several different ways at it. I love to try different enchilada recipes, recipes for various ice teas, and anything that gets food on the table on the weeknights. Restaurant recipes for the weekends are another favorite.