- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix together cake mix, 1 egg and butter. Mixture should be stiff like a dough.
- Press into greased pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar and poured over the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I'm "49 & holding" and love to cook. I learned to cook as a child, standing in a chair watching my grandmother. She was very talented in the kitchen and passed her love of food on to me. My DH tells me he would be a much thinner man, if my cooking wasn't so good. We have two kids, both out of high school and getting about on their own. Our son is more interested in cooking than our daughter. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">"
Join The Conversation
I must admit, I knew I had a regular cake mix in the cabinet, when, SURPRISE, I figured out it was a lemon cake mix. I had already started, so I went ahead and made it 'lemon' butter bars. They turned out well, with the 'crust' coming up and 'enveloping' the edges of the topping. I sent some with my MIL on vacation, but I'm super glad I saved as many for us as I did. They are sweet and rich, so small pieces are good! We sure did enjoy these. Thanks for sharing, Good Cook Wanda!