Bush Tomato Chutney (Australia)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried Bush Tomato, chopped (or substitute sundried tomatoes)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 a granny smith apple
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- white vinegar (enough to cover)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut up the tomatoes, garlic and onions and put them in a medium sized saucepan. Add just enough vinegar to cover them.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are soft and the entire mixture has a jam-like consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">