Burnt butter biscuits
- Ready In:
- Put butter in saucepan, let it burn a light brown.
- let butter cool, but not set.
- beat in sugar.
- add egg, and beat again.
- Lastly add self-raising flour.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place almond/cherries in centre (optional) back on scone tray (try baking paper if unsure whether your tray will stick), spaced apart.
- Bake at 300-325 degrees less for fan-forced for approximately 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My mother has been making this recipe for years, and I've recently started making it myself. I love it! The only difference is that I add a teaspoon and a half to two teaspoons of vanilla essence to it. I also, for some reason, put the whole batch of mix into a loaf tin once and made 'burnt butter bread' which turned out surprisingly good!