Burmese Lentil Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 -5 shallots (slice thin and fry to a crisp)
- 4 cups water
- Rinse the lentils under cold water in colander or sieve. Drain.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium.
- Add garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and fry until they begin to change color (from orange to white/yellow).
- Turn heat to medium high and bring water to boil. Immediately reduce heat to medium low for steady simmer.
- Cook 20-25 minutes until lentils are soft. Add salt and stir.
- Serve with crispy fried shallots and ground sesame seeds mixed with salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the Mid-West with two grown sons a cat and a dog...