Burgershire Soup (Copycat from Cheshire Inn - Saint Louis)
photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 15 1⁄2 ounces great northern beans with juice
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup instant barley
- 1 cup hot water
- In a large soup pot, lightly brown ground beef. Leave in bite-sized chunks. Drain off fat.
- Add next 11 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a very slow simmer.
- Simmer for 90 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add barley and hot water.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with French bread and extra Worcestershire sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!