Burgers in a Pouch
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef, divided into 4 portions
- 1 large onion, sliced into 4 rings
- 4 large carrots, each pouch gets one sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, washed, each pouch gets one sliced thick, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 4 large piece heavy aluminum foil, each the size of a cookie sheet
- salt & pepper
- Lay out the foil and in the center of each.
- Put a pat of margarine.
- Lay on 1 onion slice and push a burger patty on to it.
- Stack a sliced carrot on one side of the Burger.
- Stack a sliced potato on the opposite side.
- I like to set them on their edge and push them into the burger.
- Salt and pepper to taste and top with another pat of margarine.
- Fold 2 sides to the center and roll to top of Burger.
- Fold up the 2 remaining edges to make a pouch.
- Grill till carrots and potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Or bake at 350 deg for about 30 minutes.
- Great warmed up in the microwave.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in southern Oregon. <br />I cook at the local schools. <br />I also do alot of quilting. <br />My favorite thing to do is cook with my grand children.4 Boys and 2 Girls.At different times of course.</p>