- Ready In:
- 24hrs 45mins
- 16 bread, slices crust removed, lightly toasted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 cups milk
- Arrange 8 bread slices in single layer in greased 9x13 in pan.
- Scramble-fry ground beef, onion, and celery in frying pan until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix. Layer over bread slices.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over beef mixture. Cover with remaining 8 bread slices.
- Beat eggs, mustard and milk together in medium bowl until frothy. Slowly pour onto bread slices. Cover. Chill overnight.
- Remove cover.
- Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese. Bake uncovered, in 350 degree over for about 45 minutes until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook!