Burger for a Bunch
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A fun informal meal. Children and teenagers like this. My daughter made this a lot as a teenager and thought it was easy. The ingredients list is long because it is a crust, the filling and topping.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup hungry jack potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons hungry jack potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- DOUGH: Mix together flour, sugar, salt, soda and cream of tartar in mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk until dough clings together.
- Divide in half.
- Roll out 1/2 to a 9" circle on slightly floured surface.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Roll out remaining dough to a 10" circle.
- FILLING: Mix ground beef, 1/2 cup Hungry Jack potato flakes, 1/2 cup catsup, 2 tablespoons dried onions, 2 tablespoons pickle relish and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Spread filling on 9" circle of dough and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with 10" circle on top of filling.
- Moisten edges and seal.
- Brush top with milk.
- TOPPING: Combine the 3 tablespoons potato flakes, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle topping over burger.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION