- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1/2 lb butter
- 1 lb phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt margarine in 13x9" baking pan, layer 6 Filo sheets with melted butter.
- and flicks of water to make bottom crust.
- Brown beef and onion; add seasoniongs. Drain well.
- Place layer of meat on crust.
- Repeat layering until all meat is used.
- Top with remaining layer of Filo, at least 4 sheets.
- Seal edges.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 F or until brown and crusty.
- If not brown, turn on broiler briefly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span><strong>I am a stay at home mom to two wonderful boys; Joshua (8years), Kaiden (5 years), and baby GIRL, Madalynn (19 months)! I also have two fur babies (cats); Kobee, AJ; we had to put our youngest cat Sly down Jan 2014. :(. I am also married to my best friend, Jeff and have been since April 2005. I love cooking, hate cleaning and will do whatever I can to get out of it! I love grilling and baking. I do most of the grilling at my house, and bake for almost a week straight at Christmas time! I can make or will attempt just about anything, though I rarely make brownies, my husband's are the best! Homemade breads are not my friend, so I am always working on bread baking.</strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>As for recipe ideas (besides zaar) Cooking Light Cookbooks are my favorites. I love to make new meals and try new things; it is hard though because my husband is picky when it comes to veggies (and hates seafood); If it were up to him we would have baked-bread crumb chicken and white rice at least one meal a day! Over the past couple years with zaar, I have found tons of new recipes my family normally wouldn’t eat but have been happily surprised with new favorites.</strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>I love to join in all of the tag games; I haven't been as present as I would like, but as soon as my Jeff is back from working in Ohio I will be back in full tagging mode! </strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>Cooking is my hobby and passion, I always like to host the family get togethers and volunteer for the potluck dishes. Most of all though are my kids; being home all day with them is fun and challenging, but I wouldn’t trade it for any salary!!</strong></span></p>