Bulgarian Guvech- Vegetable Casserole With Meat in a Clay Pot -
photo by Nadia Melkowits
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 35mins
- 1 lb frozen okra, cuts
- 1 lb frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 lb green peas
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 diced onions, medium size
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried mint
- 1⁄2 bunch chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cubed pork loin
- 2 bell peppers, cubed
- 1 eggplant, cubed (optional)
- Mix the first 10 ingredients in a large clay bowl.with lid.
- Chop the other 4 ingredients into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Mix all together in the clay bowl, cover and cook in a non preheated oven at 550 F for 1 hour.
- Turn down the temperature to 350 and continue cooking for another hour.
- This dish would serve 10 large portions. Serve sprinkled with parsley if you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am native Bulgarian and I have enjoyed cooking since little. I love trying foods from different cultures and experimenting with foods that I am not familiar with. <br />I hope you get to enjoy some of the recipes I am posting on my blog.</p>