Buffalo Style Beef Tacos
- Ready In:
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup cayenne pepper sauce, for buffalo wings
- 1 cup lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 taco shells, or
- 8 flour tortillas
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings, if necessary. Stir in pepper sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into taco shells or tortillas. Add lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Top evenly with carrot, celery and cilantro. Garnish with carrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I absolutelly LOVED this taco meat!!!!! I even said to my mom that I'm no longer making tacos with taco seasoning ever again. I cooked up 2 lbs. of lean ground chuck, then drained it and added 1/3 C. of the hot sauce. DELICIOUS! We topped our tacos as we would our regular tacos with lettuce, tomato and cheese. I even added more of the Frank's hot sauce to my tacos before eating. DH didn't think it to be too spicy, so we were good to go. I took the left-over taco meat and made a cold noodle salad out of it. Recipe to come on that one. Thanks **Kelly** for bringing us this wonderful recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mommy, a wanna be svelte domestic goddess, tech geek, avid reader and lover of doggies. Parent of a teenage boy and a preschool girl - someone is AlWAYS unhappy with something I've done in my house, but they both give my life definition and joy. When I have free time I love to indulge my passion for photography. Blogging my Project 365 - please follow me! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">