Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta With Shaved Fennel & Courgette
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- thick slice sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 small fennel bulb, herby tops reserved
- 1⁄2 small yellow courgette
- 1 small bunch mint
- 1⁄2 orange, skin cut off and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1⁄2 lemon, squeeze the juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 125 g buffalo mozzarella
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Toast the bread well on both sides so it has the griddle pan marks on it.
- While it is toasting. Using a speed peeler – thinly shave the fennel and courgette into a bowl.
- Pick off some small mint leaves, tear the big ones and add to the bowl.
- Pick off some of the fennel tops and add to the bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced orange and the juice of half a lemon.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the sourdough is ready put it on a plate. Rub with the cut side of a piece of garlic and drizzle over some olive oil.
- Tear the mozzarella in half and place on the bread.
- Pile the fennel and courgette salad on top, drizzle a little more extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle over a few more fennel tops and serve.
- Serve with a glass of chilled Mersault or White Burgundy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The granddaughter of Roald Dahl, former model and cookbook writer Sophie Dahl takes inspiration from her own emotions when creating dishes on her show, The Delicious Miss Dahl.