Buffalo Chex Mix
- Ready In:
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups parmesan fish shaped crackers
- 2 cups pretzels, small
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Louisiana brand)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Mix cereals, crackers and pretzels in large bowl. Set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Set oven for 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave, add hot sauce and seasonings and mix well. Pour over cereal mix and stir until evenly coated. Put half of mix on each cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake both sheets at 350 for 20 minutes, then stir mix. Reverse sheets in oven (switch places). Bake an additional 20 minutes, checking to make sure it isn't getting too browned (mine took the full 40 minutes).
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is almost identical to a recipe we got at a recent TOH Cooking School. The only difference is that theirs had 2T less butter and 1/2 t. less hot sauce. I made it for a church function where the theme was salty snacks and everyone really enjoyed it. I will say it is addictive!! Glad to see you had it posted already Messy44!!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Feeding the masses is the reason I use 'Zaar. Most of my cooking occurs simply to keep everyone fed (we have 6 kids plus two kids in law). I double almost every recipe to feed the crew. I love cooking with my kids - they are tremendously helpful and we have a very good time making a mess. :] <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>