Buffalo Cauliflower Quesadilla
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, sliced
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (Frank’s RedHot sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped chives, plus more for garnish
- 10 inches spinach tortillas
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 10 tortilla chips, crushed (Takis)
- Season cauliflower with chili powder and garlic powder. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of Frank’s RedHot. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add cauliflower and cook, moving periodically, 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Remove cauliflower from heat and add to a medium bowl with chives and remaining 1 tablespoon of Frank’s RedHot. Gently combine until the cauliflower is fully coated.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the tortilla. Add an even layer of cauliflower mixture to half of the tortilla. Sprinkle mozzarella over the whole tortilla. Fold tortilla in half, gently pressing to secure. Heat butter on a nonstick griddle or skillet. Cook quesadilla until golden brown, 1-2 minutes and then flip and cook until golden brown on remaining side. Evenly cut quesadilla into three triangles. Top with a scoop of mashed avocado, a sprinkle of crushed Takis and snipped chives.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!