Budget Stretcher Crock Pot Ground Turkey Stew
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 6 stalks celery, chopped (including leafy tops)
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place olive oil, garlic, and chopped leek in bottom of large crock pot.
- Crumble raw ground turkey over leeks.
- Layer carrots, then celery over turkey.
- Spread undiluted cream of mushroom and cream of chicken over vegetables.
- Spread sliced mushrooms over all.
- Finally pour 1 cup water over all.
- Set crock pot to cook for 4 hours.
- For best results, go back and stir halfway through cooking time.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to bake and cook new recipes. I also like to create my own recipes from scratch. Having a large family means I'm always looking for easy,inexpensive,and healthy meals to serve.