Buddha Rice (Vietnamese for ZWT-9)
- Ready In:
4-6 Generous Servings
- Heat oil in a lrg saucepan. Add ginger & stir-fry for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add rice & cook for 2 min, stirring to coat well.
- Add bay leaf, coconut milk, water & soy sauce. Bring to a boil & cook for about 5 min (uncovered & without stirring, until holes form all over the top).
- Reduce heat to very low, cover & continue to cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat & leave to rest for about 10 min (keep covered).
- Uncover, add salt as desired, fluff the rice up w/a fork & serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Keeper! Mmmm...wish I hadn't waited so long to try this recipe. So, so good. I had a 14oz can of coconut milk so I used all 14 oz. and then just used less water. I used Braggs instead of soy sauce and left the ginger in big chunk so I could removed them from the rice before serving. Love this recipe and plan on making it again and again. Thanks for sharing.
What a wonderful (and easy!) way to dress up a humble side of rice! I used brown basmati rice as it is what I had on hand, so it took a little bit longer to cook. I love how the coconut milk lent a creaminess to the finished product :). All of the kids in my house from 12 months to 40 years old enjoyed this. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, for a fellow Goddess!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)