Bubble Gum Ice Cream
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 300 ml milk
- 650 ml heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 10 pieces , pink bubble gum (Dubble Bubble)
- 1 cup small candy (gumballs)
- Whisk milk, heavy cream and sugar over medium heat for 5 minutes until sugar melts.
- Whisk egg yolks and gradually add them to the milk mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure the egg yolks are well combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Add the pieces of pink bubble gum and bring to a light boil. Whisk until the gum softens and the mixture has thickened, 7 - 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain to remove of the gum particles.
- Add few drops of red food coloring to the mixture, cover, and place in the fridge until completely cold. At least for 3 hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn for 20-30 minutes until frozen, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the gumballs and stir carefully.
- Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
- Easy suggestion: take the ice cream out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature. It is best served in chilled glass or porcelain bowls. Scoop it with a hot, but dry, ice-cream spoon (soak it in boiling water, then wipe dry).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!