Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Forrest's Net Catch
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, deveined
- 4 red potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 12 pieces carrots, cut into 6 inch strips
- 12 pieces celery, cut into 6 inch strips
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 2 fresh corn on the cob, broken in halves
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 gallon water
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (Durkee's sauce preferred)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon seafood boil, spice
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- Combine all poaching liquid ingredients and then bring to boil, then reduce to a medium simmer.
- Add shrimp, vegetables, corn, potatoes and the lemon wedges from 1 lemon and cook until shrimp is completely done.
- Remove from poaching liquid, strain and place in stainless steel bowl.
- Add butter, cajun spice, garlic and liquid smoke and toss together.
- Serve on large platter with the extra lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a married, mother of 2. Love every minute of it. I love to travel with my family and try different kinds of food. I love to try new recipes as well as the recipe's I already have. I love photography and the outdoors. Nature is a beautiful thing.</p>