Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Mustard
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 shallots, peeled & halved
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed & cut in half
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Whisk oil, vinegar & mustard together.
- Toss with vegetables & season to taste.
- Place on baking sheets in a single layer; bake in a preheated 425F oven for 20- 25 minutes or until tender & browned.
- Melt butter in a large skillet & stir in veggies.
- Add stock& bring to a boil; reduce until stock thickens & sprouts glisten.
- Sprinkle with dill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good flavor on this veggie dish. Next time I think I'll let the sprouts roast a little longer, per my husbands request : /, he likes them super-soft. I thought the roasted shallots were a nice touch. AND the fresh dill was a great addition at the end. I almost didn't add it (shame on me!) because when I tasted the sauce, I thought the flavors were just right as it was. I am so glad that I did because it really added alot.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">