Brussels Sprouts With Pecans and Sweet Potatoes
This recipe is adapted from "The Best Diabetes Cookbook". It has a wonderful combination of flavors and goes well with a pork or with roasted chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar or 4 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces, toasted
- Place the potatoes in a medium size saucepan, add enough water to cover, cover and bring to a boil; cook until potatoes pierce easily when pierced with a fork drain and reserve.
- Rinse the sprouts under running water, removing any yellowed or wilted outside leaves, cut in half and place in a microwave safe dish; microwave for 5 to 6 minutes stirring 2 to 3 times, drain and set aside.
- In nonstick skillet, melt the butter, saute onion and garlic just until tender.
- Add sweet potatoes,brussels sprouts, stock, sugar, cinnamon and pecans;cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are lightly glazed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh me, oh my, these were good! I will be making this over & over and have already added the recipe to my holiday plans. I think it would be wonderful with turkey and for guests. I loved the combination of savory and sweet elements. Everything worked together so well. The tiny hint of cinnamon was just right. Thank you for sharing this terrific recipe Paula!