Brussels Sprouts With Egg Noodles
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarse chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 5 -6 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, see step 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim ends of sprouts; cut small ones in half, large ones in quarters.
- Steam sprouts for 8-10 minutes or til ALMOST done. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and sautee until just beginning to brown. Turn heat to low.
- Mix in the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt. Cook for one minute then add nutmeg.
- Add the sprouts to the onion mixture and combine gently.
- Turn off heat, cover pan, and let set while the egg noodles cook.
- When noodles are ALMOST done, drain.
- Fold the noodles into the brussel sprout mixture. Taste to adjust seasonings; you may need more salt. Pour into an 8 x 8 x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle on crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top starts to lightly brown.
- * your choice of crumbs such as: panko, soft bread crumbs, matzo meal, crushed crackers, toasted bread crumbs, grated parm. cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>