Brussels Sprouts With Celeriac
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From a 1948 cookbook whose title is missing.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups celeriac
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups scalded milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Saute celeriac in 1/2 of the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Blend in flour and gradually add milk.
- Heat until almost boiling, scalding the milk and add sprouts, salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased baking dish and cover with bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION