This is a really good way to cook brussel sprouts, one of my favorite vegetables.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, and divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Wash brussel sprouts thoroughly; removed discolored leaves and cut off stem ends, slashing the bottoms of each sprout with a shallow "X". Set aside.
- Saute garlic in 1 tbsp butter and the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add the brussel sprouts, stirring gently to coat. Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Add the last 1 tbsp butter to the skillet with the brussel sprouts. Add the chopped parsley and lemon juice (if you want). Stir gently, and heat over low heat until the mixture is heated thoroughly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 22 more