Bruschetta With Roasted Red Peppers Yummy!
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 large red bell pepper (or 2 small)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 extra virgin olive oil for brushing the pepper and French bread
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, cut in half
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (First Cold Press)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Brush red pepper with olive oil.
- Roast red bell peppers over a medium indirect heat until charred on all sides. (This took about 20 minutes).
- Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and remove seeds, cut into strips and reserve.
- Mix the tomatoes, basil, parsley, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together and set aside to allow the flavors to blend.
- Brush each side of french bread with olive oil.
- Grill the bread over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. (about 4-5 minutes on each side, but watch closely).
- Cut each piece of french bread into 2 slices (I didn't use the very ends of the french bread).
- Top with 4-5 slices of roasted pepper and spoon the tomato mixture over the top with some of the juice.
- Add parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So good! As with other reviewers, I used the jarred peppers, but will most definitely try this with fresh roasted next time. I also used fresh parsley along with fresh basil and I had to reduce the garlic to 1 clove, as my husband was heading off to work the day I made this. Will add the full amount next time nobody is heading out the door. LoL! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.