Bruschetta With Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes
photo by magpie diner
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 roasted garlic clove, mashed
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, 1/4
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons carrots, Finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Toast bread in broiler or on grill.
- Rub with raw garlic clove.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and place in a bowl.
- Serve topped with garlic rubbed bread or let everyone help themselves to top their own.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just like the other reviewer said, I'm very glad that I tried this version of bruschetta - it was fantastic! I couldn't find any decent cherry toms so I used 2 large regular tomatoes instead. Otherwise I made as written except for cutting down the jalapeno to about 1/4 of what was called for. You could make the tomato topping ahead of time and really whip this up at a party pretty easily. .... enlist helpers to rub the raw garlic on, which I agree is a must...don't skip that step! The amount of topping I made, with just the 2 tomatoes, was the perfect amount for about 1/2 a baguette (12 slices). Everyone was disappointed that I hadn't made more so I may make again tomorrow with the other 1/2 of the baguette. Thanks Rita! Made during ZWT7.
This has potential for being the best bruschetta I ever tasted! The only thing I think it needs is vinegar (preferably balsamic). I tasted it without, and it was still great, but I did add vinegar before serving. Rubbing the toast all over with a garlic clove is essential for an excellent bruschetta. I left out the jalapeno for the sake of my BF, and other than the additional vinegar, that was the only change I made. Really great, I am a real bruschetta (bread and tomato) fan and this was extremely satisfying. Thanks Rita!