- Ready In:
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced in 1/2 pieces
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Position rack in center of the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Bake just until the bread starts to toast, 4-5 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the tomatos, remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and all other ingredients in a bowl, be careful so as not to crush the tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve the tomato mixture on the bread slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!