Bruschetta Chicken Breasts
A very nice lite recipe that is great for a quick meal. Serve it with rice or noodles.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 Italian tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a frying pan add oil, once heated grill chicken breasts on each side until golden.
- In a medium casserole dish place water.
- add chicken breasts, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- prepare the last 6 ingredients to make a brushetta mix.
- remove from oven, top with brushetta mix and cheese.
- return to oven and continue cooking until fully cooked.
- remove and garnish with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty chicken meal. . .I had it for lunch today. I wish there was a little bit more direction on how long the chicken should cook. I only made 1 serving, browned off the chicken til just golden, then baked it for 10 minutes,then broiled for 3 minutes (with tomato topping to get it to melt) and it was slightly overdone. Made for PAC Fall 208.Reply