- Ready In:
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 8 slices country bread
- 16 slices prosciutto (about 8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat a panini press. Divide half the cheese among 4 slices of the bread, then top with the prosciutto; spread 1 tablespoon jam on each and top with the remaining cheese. Set the remaining bread slices in place.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the butter. Working in batches, dip both slices of each sandwich in the egg mixture and place in the panini press. Grill until the bread is crisp and golden, about 3 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Made for my breakfast this morning and liked the sandwich other than the prosciutto, which I think the deli worker gave me the cheaper brand that you would use in browning the meat in a recipe, as that was what was on the price sticker. I served it with some fresh fruit. I think I would have enjoyed it more the the type of prosciutto I asked to get or a high quality sliced ham. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
What a great sandwich. I don't have a panini press, so I just fried it in my cast iron pan, it worked great. The result was a beautiful, light, egg covered sandwich filled with provolone cheese, raspberry jam and shaved prosciutto. It was delicious, it just melted in your mouth. All of the flavors and textures in the sandwich, complimented each other perfectly. I will make this again. Thank you so much for sharing.