Brunch for a Bunch
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb hot bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until browned, stirring to cumble; then drain.
- Place the hash browns in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt.
- Layer the sausage, cheese, and green pepper.
- Combine eggs and milk, stirring well; pour on top of the other ingredients in the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! I used a whole bag of frozen hash browns. Not sure if either being frozen or including a whole bag in the recipe caused for a longer baking time. At 50 min., the dish was still runny. I drained some of the runny egg out and still had to cook it about another 15-20 minutes. I think next time I may mix all the ingredients together to bake rather than in layers.
This was very easy and it turned out well. It was even done before the 50 minutes were up after being in the refrigerator all night. I did add a few chopped onions and some black pepper and thought it could have used a little more flavoring, so I'll have to try a little something else next time. But it was a great recipe overall. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in TX with my husband, Tim and mischevious cat, Penelope :) I work at a small bookstore for a non profit organzation -- not really what I want to do for the rest of my life, but I feel that I am where I should be at this moment in my life. I hope to go back to grad school to work on a Masters in Counseling this coming fall (2008). That is my true interest and passion, and I think I'd kick myself if I never did it!! I look forward to the next adventure in my life -- whatever that may be :) My loves: my hubby, penelope, being with friends, my huge family, growing in my relationship with Christ, coffee, card making, MUSIC, movies, cooking, organizing & cleaning (freak..I know), reading, long talks, psychology, learning, counseling, people, spending too much time on Recipezaar (!!!), finding new recipes to tweak for my gluten intolerance, nice restraunts, wine.....