- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Stir together coffee liqueur and coffee.
- Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar. Microwave coarsely chopped chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in 2 cups sugar and eggs, whisking until blended; stir in flour, stirring just until blended. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Pierce brownie multiple times using the tines of a fork. Pour coffee mixture over brownie. Let cool on wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, mascarpone cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- Crumble half of brownies, and divide evenly among 6 (8-oz.) glasses. Spoon half of mascarpone cheese mixture over brownies. Repeat procedure with remaining brownies and mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Chop remaining half of chocolate bar into thin shreds. Sprinkle chocolate and pecans over mascarpone cheese mixture. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Mascarpone gives the topping a special flavor, but an equal amount of softened cream cheese may be substituted. Almond-flavored liqueur makes a delicious substitute for coffee liqueur.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm Debbie and currently we live in North Carolina! I have been married to my Best Friend, Colin for 17 years. I'm currently a SAHM to 3 wonderful children, their ages are 15yrs, 11yrs and 7yrs old!! I'm hoping to go back to school to become a pastry chef! I changed my chef name recently, I was debee939701. I Love to Bake and go crazy at Christmas!! (What can I say it's my favorite time of the year!)My friends,neighbors and family don't complain though! I have a degree in photography and I have (according to my DH) way too many cookbooks! I'm addicted to this website! I check the new recipes out daily! Right now my favorite is Rachel Ray! <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/participation%20banners/coolmonday-particiation2.jpg" border="0" alt="Cookathon for Cool Monday (2)"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> Thank you, Sweetslady! :) <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/TasteofYellowSTICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/cookbookswapspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> Thanks Susiehomemaker! I Loved Everything!!! <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/pt-shutterbug-banner-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/totmtaggame-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">