Browned Ravioli With Snow Peas
photo by Rinshinomori
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- red pepper flakes, pinch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 16 ravioli, refrigerated (store-bought of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup cream or 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, matchstick pieces
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- Slice snow peas diagonally in half for easier eating.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium high heat and add snow peas, red pepper flakes, water, and salt to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until peas are tender. Do not over cook and remove from heat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillett over medium and add olive oil and ravioli in two batches. Cook until brown on one side, about 2-3 minutes. Flip ravioli, add 2 T water to skillet, cover and steam until soft, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove ravioli to a plate and repeat with second batch.
For the sauce:
- Saute garlic in butter in a small skillet about 1 minute. Stir in cream, increase heat to high, and boil until cream is reduced to about 1/2 C, about 3 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- On a large platter, place half of the ravioli, scatter snow peas, and the remaining ravioli. Top with sauce, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest.
- Or divide into 2 separate portions on two plates with ravioli, snow peas, ravioli, sauce, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!