Browned Butter Sour Cream Snickerdoodles
photo by KevinGBender
- Ready In:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, browned and cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and the sugar. The mixture will be very wet. Add the vanilla and sour cream and honey and mix until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients (not cinnamon sugar) in a small bowl. Add the dry into the wet and mix until well incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Scoop out the cookies by the rounded tablespoon on the prepared pans. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges while still pale in the center. Cool on the pan for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar after baking!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Site Director, GeniusKitchen.com. Digital media superhero. Self-proclaimed Peanut Butter Prince.