Browned Butter Sauteed Fish
From Delicious Living Magazine
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk or 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (or any mild fish)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Using a food processor, finely grind almonds. Combine in a shallow dish with bread crumbs, garlic salt, and paprika.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk egg and buttermilk.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a frying pan large enough to hold fish fillets without crowding (use two pans if necessary). When butter is nicely browned (about 8 minutes), add olive oil.
- Pat dry fish fillets. Roll thoroughly in egg-milk mixture, then dredge in bread-crumb mixture. Add to hot pan. Cook, without disturbing, until browned (about 6 minutes), then flip and cook other side until just opaque. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION