Brown Sugar Rum Glaze
photo by Suzie
- Ready In:
1 9" bundt cake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 cups icing or 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- In a small pan melt 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Cook 5-8 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Add 3 tablespoons dark rum and whisk for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups sifted icing/confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoons evaporated milk.
- Pour over cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've had a Zaar cake recipe I've been wanting to make for a while now, and this recipe provided the perfect "frosting on the cake!" Made for my mother-in-law's Celebration of Life funeral luncheon held here at our house today. I was sooo very pleased with how this Rum Frostinig/Glaze complimented the Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake #14964, and so very proud that I could share Zaar AND this recipe with family and friends on this memorable day. This Glaze cooks up and pours really well and the 3 tablespoons of Rum is all that is needed to give it that extra kick. Everyone LOVED it! Thanks my "adopted" PAC baby for sharing. Made for Spring, 2010 PAC.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 years old and I live in Trinidad. One of the islands in the Caribbean. I love baking and have a major sweet tooth but I am trying to cook more savoury foods and I am enjoying trying new recipes. Recently I have come to love photographing the food I make. Too bad they don't all come out photo worthy, but at least they still taste good! lol <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/SuperBowlSTKR.jpg> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/TeaSuppers-STKR.jpg">