Brown Sugar Glaze
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups (approx)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon light molasses
- In a small saucepan whisk 1/2 cup brown sugar with butter and cream over low heat until the sugar dissolves; remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk in icing sugar and molasses.
- Let sit at room temperature or chill until the mixture is desired texture, then spread or drizzle over cake or sweet rolls.
- Store any unused glaze in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Kitten, you've come through again! DH brought home a couple of store bought pound cakes, and not Sara Lee, either. How can they sell such stuff!? Dry, flavorless. Good thing they were on sale... I was going to put them out for the chickens. They'll eat anything. Then I thought of Zaar. So a bit of rum and some soaking and this glaze, and viola! Pound cakes resurected. But it's a bit like making a silk purse out of one of the pig's ears.I guess it was the challenge. Next time--one of MY cakes. I'm not going to waste this on that. Well, not wasted, but you know what I mean... This made enough for two small loaf cakes with a bit oner.