Brown Sugar Barbecue Meatloaf
photo by Irishcolleen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed Ritz cracker (about 18)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 5x9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the barbecue sauce over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the barbecue sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, then carefully invert it onto a serving platter.
- *Note* You must use very lean ground beef in this or it will be greasy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I'm of Irish heritage, with a little bit of American Indian, Spanish, and English in me. I was raised in the heart of Cajun Country, but have traveled extensively in the U.S. and abroad. I'm in the restaurant business and have worked in every aspect of it for the past 35 years. I'm also a Jazz vocalist. My passions in life are singing, gardening, and cooking. I'm in the process of writing a cookbook, as a legacy to my mother, who passed away in 1979, who was a fabulous cook, and who always wanted to write her own cookbook. I have one daughter, and a beautiful granddaughter, who is the love of my life. I can't wait to be able to teach her how to cook and cook with her! Thanks for your interest in me! God bless you and have a wonderful day!