Brown Rice Pudding With Prunes and Apricots
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- In a thick-based saucepan bring the milk to the boil and sprinkle in the rice.
- Stir, then cover and cook on a very low heat for about 50 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Keep an eye on it or the milk might boil over and, towards the end of the cooking time, have a peep as you may need to add a drop more milk.
- Then take it off the heat and stir in 3 tbsps of the sugar, the beaten egg, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Next, butter a 4 pint (2.25 litre) casserole dish, spread half the rice mixture in it and top this with half the fruit.
- Spread the rest of the rice on top and cover this with the remaining fruit.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes at gas mark 4, 350F or 180°C.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove the pudding from the oven, spread the yoghurt over the top and sprinkle with the remaining tbsp of sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am diabetic so any low sugar/ low carb recipes I love as well as any diabetic cookbooks with pudding/baking recipes! I'm a student but would like to become a librarian. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <a href="http://www.librarything.com/profile/daisycat">My Library</a> at <a href="http://www.librarything.com">LibraryThing</a>