Brown Rice and Beef Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef (round, is My choice, the leaner the better)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped (or a mix of red,yellow, and green)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup raw brown rice (DO NOT USE INSTANT VARIETY)
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon red hot sauce (Tabasco type)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet.
- Remove beef from skillet and drain.
- Return beef to skillet adding vegetables and rice.
- Cook over medium heat until rice is golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in beef bouillon,hot sauce, and parsley.
- Heat to boiling,simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour skillet mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As a child raised by Depression Era parents, to waste, was to go without,so get the most out of anything was the credo in the household I was brought up in.Creation is endless.