Broiled Cheese Toast
Growing up, it seemed my parents would be quite creative when preparing weekend breakfast. We always had plenty on the table, even when we had to scrimp to make ends meet. When we did not have a loaf of bread, my mom would use leftover hamburger or hot dog rolls, or whatever she was able to find which would toast under the broiler. Along with our favorite weekend broiled cinnamon toast, we often would have this along with our bacon, eggs and grits. Broiled Cheese toast is a favorite childhood memory for me. I hope your family will enjoy it too!
- Ready In:
- 6 slices soft white bread
- butter (your desired amount for spreading)
- 6 slices American cheese (or Cheddar)
- white sugar (your desired amount for sprinkling)
- Place bread on cookie sheet.
- Spread with your desired amount of butter.
- Place cheese on top of butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place under broiler; be sure to watch closely so sugar does not burn).
- Broil until tops are bubbly and just beginning to toast.