Brochettes of Melon, Prosciutto, and Fresh Mozzarella
photo by glynn117
- Ready In:
- Puree olive oil, basil and shallot in processor until basil and shallot are finely chopped.
- Can be made the day before and bring out to room temperature for an hour before serving.
- Make round balls from the smaller end of a melon baller, leave at least a half inch around the edges. Hold a toothpick with 2 fingers, stick in a melon ball with the rounded side down.
- Next, roll up a piece of prosciutto and place it on top of the melon ball.
- Then stick in a mozzarella piece at the end.
- Stick the toothpick with the mozzarella side down into the rim of the cantaloupe.
- Repeat until both half of the cantaloupe rims are filled with these little brochettes.
- Can be made 2 hours ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Divide and pour the sauce into the 2 bowls of the cantaloupe.
- Dip a brochette into the sauce and put the whole thing in your mouth at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-taught home cook who reads cookbooks like a novel. Then I try out all different nationalities of recipes, especially the more complicated ones...I love a challenge! I entertain often and enjoy cooking for others more than for myself. If my friends and family are happy eating my cooking, then I'm ecstatic!