Broccoli With Wasabi Sauce
From Just Hungry.
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 cups broccoli florets
- salt and water (for cooking)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons wasabi powder, reconstituted to a paste with a few drops of water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener, of your choice
- Bring the water and salt to a boil. Cook the broccoli until it’s crisp-tender and still a bright green in color. Drain, and refresh very briefly with cold running water. (Note: you can skip this step if you’re not in a hurry and have time to cool the broccoli.).
- In the meantime, mix together all the remaining ingredients except the wasabi in a small pan, and stir over a low heat until the sugar is melted.
- Let cool, and add the wasabi, reserving 1/2 tsp or so. Mix well until the wasabi is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, optionally with a little additional wasabi on the side for people to mix into the broccoli as they eat it (if they really like wasabi).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION