Broccoli With Red Pepper Flakes and Garlic Chips
Broccoli is loaded with lots of vitamins A and C and several minerals, it is one of the most healthful veggies. This is a spiced up version that is low in fat and not low on flavor. The recipe comes from Williams Sonoma Essentials of Healthful Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced crosswise into thin slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat combine the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Heat, stirring frequently, just until the garlic begins to turn golden on the edges, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain through a fine-mesh sieve, reserving the oil and garlic in separate containers.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, trimming the stalks until they are about 1-2 inches long.
- Place the cut broccoli in steamer basket over boiling water, cover tightly and stem until crisp tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Place broccoli immediately into a serving dish, sprinkle with garlic flakes and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- The remaining oil can be saved and used in other dishes later.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tucking this easy, flavorful veggie recipe into my best-of-the-best file. We absolutely loved this. I like that it's easily adaptable, too. If we don't feel in the mood for spice, we can just omit the red pepper flakes. Loved the garlic oil. This helps change up our weekly broccoli. Thank you! Made for ZWT8 Family PicksReply