Broccoli With Lemon Garlic Almond Butter
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender, about 8 minutes and drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat and add garlic.
- Remove from heat and let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic, if desired, then stir in almonds and place over low heat again.
- Add lemon juice and zest and pour over hot broccoli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this, even though I forgot to put in the lemon. I wanted something special for a camping trip, so I prepared my fresh broccoli into flowerettes and toasted the almonds before leaving home. I had intended to steam the broccoli on the campstove, drain, melt the butter and add the lemon juice and zest (I took a whole lemon), then sprinkle on the almonds. I just forgot the whole lemon part. Next time I will add the lemon and I'm sure it will be even better.